5 4 3 2 1

A Movable Adventure

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Killer Lobster

I have to say the last few days have given me pause to reflect on the two years that David spent in Mexico. For one, we ran into four LDS missionaries and could not keep ourselves from buying them all ice cream. I mean one gringo kid from Idaho Falls was constantly wiping a sweat drop that kept reappearing in every location across his head and the three other Mexican Elders just looked so cute! And who doesn't need ice cream?

Secondly, when I mention to people that mi hijo (yeah, I speak Spanish) lived in Guerrero and Morelos I keep getting these shocked looks. One man even got wide-eyed and said, "Wow, that is a very dangerous part of Mexico." Glad I didn't find out til now.

Another perfect day started with a combination of one dive boat and only two divers; Scott and I. Now that is a PERFECT setup.


This time we went into 'The Corridor', dove The Blowhole and another site not on the map called The Children. The children can only be found if Claudio from Argentina is your Dive Master and you can line up the antennas on land and the rock in the water...

At the blowhole we spotted the most giant lobster that lives in this world. Even the dive master got big eyed. That sucker must have been 3 1/2 feet from eyeballs to tail. It was like it grew after a nuclear exposure or something. He was so big, he didn't even have to hide!


I also love the starfish that are abundant down here. They come in all shapes and sizes and cling to everything. The rays love to munch on them.


Two morning dives deserves the Mexican platter at the Baja Cantina; taquitos, calamari, nachos, quesadillas and salsa wings. I am pleased to report that Scott found room for all of it in his empty stomach. (I'll bet Dave didn't eat like this while he was here, although I did find some Negritos at the market....)


So, if the way to start a day is on a dive boat, I'm sure you know the perfect way to end a day... on a dive boat of course - headed to a night dive.


No comments:

Post a Comment