5 4 3 2 1

A Movable Adventure

Monday, August 23, 2010

Click your ruby slippers

It was a 27-hour day that took us from our beds at the Rome Marriott to our own beds in Pleasant View, Utah, but we made it without incident, accident or injury.

Our route took us from Rome to London - which was just a 2.5 hour flight. Then from London to New York, an additional 6.5 hours and boy did I make a GREAT seat selection on that flight. Tall boys with long legs got me to thinking about that row right behind the galley on the 747.... knee room, leg room, stand up room. I got lot's of points from the boys for that call.

Our New York to Salt Lake City leg was suppose to be 4.5 hours but turned into 5.5 due to the 'sit time' on the tarmac. I used some frequent flyer miles to upgrade to first class but we were too tired to even enjoy the attention from the stewardess or make special requests! Boy did I have some tired but very happy boys outside the SLC airport waiting for Scott to pull up!


We hit our own beds at about midnight Utah time, or 8 AM Italy time. Either time we were exhausted from the travel and malnourished from the lack of gelato.

I woke up the next morning in that super drowsy fog. You know the one. You wake up and aren't really sure where you are. I thought, 'Hey, I think this might be my own bed!' The fog clears just enough for the logical thought process that if I am in my own bed I must be in my own room! And if I am in my own room, that means the house is there too! Oh yeah! I mean, travel is great but I argue that home is greater.

Taking a cue from my (less than supportive) sister;

These things are good:
lever flush toilets
english
your own mattress
driving a car
not having to calculate exchange rates
reading from left to right
temperatures in the 90's

Just to name a few.

2 comments:

  1. I have SO enjoyed following you in your travels! Thanks so much for all of the fun posts and photos. What wonderful memories for all of you. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what happens to the blog now? My parents made a book of theirs from their mission. http://blog2print.sharedbook.com

    ReplyDelete