5 4 3 2 1

A Movable Adventure

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm just sayin....

If there are things you really want to see in England, Israel, Egypt or Italy; go quick. Lets just say I don't have the best track record.

In the Fall of 2001, my sister and I drove through the New England countryside to see the beautiful foliage change colors. We stopped in Franconia, New Hampshire to see the 'Old Man of the Mountain', a 200 million year old rock formation and the pride of the state. Here is what it looked like when we saw it and then after it's collapse in 2003.




In the summer of 2005, the boys and I took a road trip to Seattle where we met Scott. We had an educational visit at Lewis and Clark's Oregon home, Fort Clatsop. Here is a photo of what it looked like when we were there and then a photo of it after the October 2005 fire.



On another 'sister trip', Sherise and I spent a wonderful week in Sedona, Arizona. We hiked, shopped and tried the obligatory chakra balance. We found a quaint restaurant near the edge of the river with a wonderful salad. Our new little place was, of course, destroyed a little later by a massive flood:


November of 2007, we took the boys to see the societal freak show ever present at Camden Market, outside of London. We strolled the streets, looked in curious shops, talked with punk rockers. In February, 2008 it was destroyed by fire.



I was in Amsterdam on a LAYOVER at Schipol Airport in 2005.
A month later a suspicious fire broke out, thousands had to be evacuated and a terminal at the airport was destroyed. For crying out loud, it was only a layover!!

You are hereby notified; if you want to see anything of importance where we are going, you've got 4 days. I can't make any promises it'll be there when we get home in August. I'm just sayin.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that makes me wonder if you were responsible for that minivan I rolled & totaled the summer I spent babysitting your neighbors and chatting with you by the pool. I'm telling my dad it was all your fault - I'm sure he'll be calling you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it can be traced back to me... :)

    ReplyDelete