5 4 3 2 1

A Movable Adventure

Friday, July 9, 2010

Peacekeeping


So, my less than supportive sister (you can probably guess which one from the photo) expressed a deep concern she had been harboring. She was nervous about how I was going to come back from our adventure with presents for her if my 1 carry-on was packed so tightly.

Being the peacemaker that I am and not wanting to start a skirmish by disclosing that the only thing she is getting is a postcard - I said, "I've already figured that out. Each of the last six days, I am going to throw away my under clothes (I need new ones anyway) which will free up some space."

"Oh," she sighed with relief as her fears lessened. "I guess that diamonds and gold don't really take up that much room anyway."


2 comments:

  1. Italian Gold
    Israeli Diamonds
    Whatever you buy for her, buy two for me.
    I deserve it for being so supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who spends forty plus hours each week in a souvenir store, I don't understand why people buy them. Yet day after day I watch people drop hundreds of dollars on stuff for other people just to make them think they care about them while on vacation. I don't get it. Clearly if people really cared about each other they would have traveled with them. As if an overpriced T-shirt that says Jackson Hole is going to make a relationship stronger. No need to bring me back something from Europe/Asia/Africa. Its all made in China anyway.

    ReplyDelete